3.28.2006

.. Tuesday Morning ..

Jessie wrote a post on her blog the other day about marriage, and thinking about marriage, and how she feels about it...All about marriage. So anyway...She got me thinking about it too.

People are always asking:
If Nathan and I are going to get married
Can they come to wedding?
Why don't we just get married already?

No-one ever asks:
How do you FEEL about marriage?
Do you WANT to get married?

Everyone just ASSUMES that after five years, it's a given.
And you know, I think I DO want to get married one day
And I think that marriage is going to be a wonderful experience, when the time is right.
And when I think about the future, I do think of the two of us still being together.

But I am only 20 years old. 20. and he is only 22.
I don't believe in god, and I not a religious person.
I never have been, and I really don't think I ever will be.
I don't want to be marrid in a church, and I think some people will expect that from me. Nathan's family sure would...But my family would understand either way. I don't want to be wed by a priest, because it wouldn't MEAN anything to me. And I think it takes away from the people it DOES mean something to. I want my marriage to hold meaning, and significance and be symbolic.

I believe in LIFE
In LOVING with your whole entire heart and soul.
In being HAPPY
and maybe someday marriage will be a part of those beliefs.
And that's okay with me.
And maybe it never will

And I think that is okay too...

3 Comments:

At June 08, 2006 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At July 19, 2006 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 
At July 22, 2006 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home