3.21.2005

.. Freeze Mother Stickers!! ..

Do you ever experience moments that you wish you could trap insidea bottle and hold on to forever? That when you needed to be reminded of who you are, and what is important, that you could twist off the tops and be consumed by fantastic moments. I do.

Friday, March 18.05

  1. [#7 on the Darwin Award winners for 2004] A thief burst into a Florida bank one day wearing a ski mask and carrying a gun. Aiming his gun at the guard the theif yelled "FREEZE MOTHER STICKERS, THIS IS A F*** UP!" For a moment everyone was silent. Then the sniggers started. The security guard completely lost it and doubled over laughing. It probably saved his life because he'd been about to draw his gun, and he couldn't have drawn and fired before the thief got him. The theif ran away and is still at large. in memory of the event the banker later put a plaque on the wall engraved with the words, "Freeze mother stickers, this is f*** up!"

  2. Nathan picked me up from school on Friday. We wnet to Office Depot to return something for his boss Craig, and then went to Burger King for something to eat. Walking through the parking lot after our meal, I saw a mum getting out of her car, and opening the back door for her little one. He jumped out of backseat and just as I said to Nathan how cute it was, he started pounding on his chest and swinging his head around like Tarzan!

Maybe they aren't so funny to read...Nathan didn't quite see the humor like I did. But those two moments in time got me laughing like I haven;t laughed in a long time. I couldn't even finish the punch line when I told Nathan about number one; I was laughing so hard I started crying. And that little boy made me so happy because he felt so free to act on impulse, to so something so crazy, just because he wanted to, and nobody could stop him.

It's too bad then when adults feel the urge to act like Tarzan, they stop themselves for fear of being reprimanded. Why is it that adults are so afraid of freedom and imagination? Who decided that adults shouldn't exhibit the same uninhibitedness as children? The world might be a better place if we all took a page out children's books, and acted on impulse every once in a while....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home